22 August 2009

Eep

I was going to write some sort of chippery blog, until I read Ambrosia's. She witnessed someone die on Thursday and I really feel awful for her. :(

But anyway. It's been a decent week. Sunday we went to Nonna's for Johnny's birthday. I saw ultrasound photos of Christina and Gio's baby! Ahh! She's three months along now and they already have names picked. Scarlett Marie for a girl and Cesare Agusto (after Gio's late father) for a boy. I'm kind of hoping it's a boy. How cool would it be to have a cousin named Caesar Augustus?? Very cool. Either way, the kid is going to be spoiled. Jen and I alone were already making plans on what we'd buy! And we're probably going to help paint the baby's room as well because we don't want the fumes to bother Christina.

Monday was Peter's birthday. My present ended up being a lame-ass playlist with memory-inducing songs. He says he liked it and that it was sweet and that I'm amazing, but who knows if he was being truthful or not haha.

Work was alright this week. It got a bit crazy on Wednesday since we were preparing for the mail enrollment students, but Thursday was alright. The MEs are more attentive than the normal enrollment students. I might even sell books to one of them because she's taking HIST 1050 as a gen ed! Awesomeness.

Thursday, however, was interesting due to the weather around here. It was very bad. There were TORNADOES. In VAUGHAN. 600 homes damaged! It's insane. I was surprisingly calm but I'm a tad uneasy now that I've heard that this extreme weather can last into October.

What's nice is that Natalia came onto campus on Wednesday and I got to hang with her for a bit, and we also ran into Viki and Athina that day! Natalia came yesterday as well and brought Widad with her so we got to catch up in Second Cup for a bit (Widad's been in Israel).

My parents are leaving for Parry Sound this weekend so Emi and I have the house to ourselves, which is nice :D I have lots I want to get done today, and Rebecca is coming over later. Hurray!

1 comment:

Scott McLean said...

hi. how are you? was there a Lacuna Coil concert in your area this year? i saw them in concert this summer and they're great! ok take care.