29 May 2009

And by leaving we don't stop living you know

Well, fare thee well, fare thee well, fare thee well.

I like that song.

Anyway, HELLO! It is Friday.

My brain's weird today. Life is just completely bowled over since I am now finished first year and I am, therefore, at home, and not at York.

Wednesday's Latin exam went really well. I think. I finished it in 40 minutes, and the 3% bonus was to translate the first two lines of Catullus 5. Fingers crossed for an A+? I also got my Horace assignment back and I got a 90 on that so, yay.

Result of being finished: drowned myself in season 3 of the Tudors Wednesday evening. I also got a haircut.

Yesterday was Emi's Confirmation so we were very busy cooking and baking for when people came over after the church thing. Everything went alright and it was very nice, but I realized how much I really hated Catholicism while we were actually at the church.

First off, I hadn't been to that parish since my own Confirmation about five years ago. Secondly, the new priest? I thought he was alright the one time I saw him at Hall (you know, that one time I actually didn't skip liturgy in Grade 12), but yesterday evening I realized how much I really don't like him. He is so gimmicky. Even the music grated on my nerves. It was too upbeat and poppy.

I get what they're doing. Church is losing followers, so they're trying to make it "fun". That's LAME. Lame lame lame. Be real. Be fucking real. From an objective perspective, the archaism is what can make the Catholic Church beautiful. Poppy Alleluias? Fuck you. That's not beautiful. It's not going to stir passion in anyone. Hymns can make ME cry when sung PROPERLY.

So much of it is bullshit. And Father Larry getting mad at people for not singing. Ridiculous. The grim faces of the men handing around the collection baskets, looking so intimidating. Oh yes, and, "Do you reject Satan, Prince of Darkness?" What? What is this? An Ozzy concert? PLEASE.

I am totally done with Catholicism. After gaining the Gnostic viewpoint, nothing seems so ridiculous as Catholicism.

Well anyway, the official reception for the Confirmation is tomorrow afternoon. We've got a lot to do today but for now I am doing nothing. I wanted to go to the ROM today, but Mom isn't going to work. I wanted to go to Hall today, but there's too much to do. I don't have much vacation this summer because I start work either next week or the week after, but it seems that most of it isn't going to be spent on myself. *Sigh*

What else? Today's one year since Peter left. I don't really know how I feel about that but something hurts. I do miss him. And I miss us. I wish things hadn't fallen apart, but I'm too scared to take the chance I've been given to put them back together.

Ah well. Such is life. I need to stop moping about it at some point. Not that I have much chance to with Anna spazzing now that Chris has gone. I understand how she's feeling but she often makes it seem like she is the only person who has ever gone through/ will ever go through such a thing. And I don't think her going to England in September is the best idea. But she can be very determined, so if she really wants to then she will.

Now I'm in a bad mood. Hahaha.

Might go shower now. Or watch the Rammstein DVD I illegally downloaded. Or watch the Tudors. Not sure yet really.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha if you HAD gone to Hall today, you would have found . . . . no one. It's prom so we've all ditched