27 August 2008

"The way must be tried"

An introduction is probably in order here. However I'd rather skip it. I'd like any potential readers to get to know me over time, as I post here.

I've created this blog for one purpose, really - to chronicle the next frive years of my life. In exactly seven days, I will begin my post-secondary education at York University, in Toronto, which is my hometown. (As a sidenote, 'tentanda via' was York's motto until recently... now it's 'define the possible' or something equally pretentious... anyway the other one is obviously better as it's in Latin).

Hm. I can't really figure out why those first two paragraphs seem so formal and bland. Hopefully I'll lose that over time. For some reason I feel like I need to be polite, as if I'm meeting a new person or something. Weird, eh? I've got a completely non-polite other blog on MySpace so I can't see why this is any different. Perhaps because I want it to be all scholarly. Hahaha. Well I'm not sure exactly how that's going to work as I go along.

Well... I am very excited about next week and what it will mean! I'm going to York for an Honours Double Major in Classical Studies and History. Everytime I say it, I feel like it's a bloody dream come true. Looking back over time, I've been in love with history since I was seven. That's eleven years. That's a really long time. I'll probably end up describing how I got into history and when I finally decided to go in that direction in university, but I'd like to save that for another post. Just because I don't want to run out of things to talk about so quickly. This post should be strictly introductory - the who and the whys and the whens.

When... good question! When will I be posting? I really don't know. I'd like to keep posts going up regularly (unlike my MySpace blog, hahaha), but so many things can come in the way of that. This week should be alright - besides Frosh (which has been really great so far... will touch on that later) I've got nothing going on. Just like all summer!

(I was unemployed, just did a lot of historical reading but I'm also flat broke and that's lead to many issues)

So, basically... this week I'll likely post every day, but once classes start I can't promise anything. Though I will [hopefully] have a laptop as well as huge gaps between classes... so it is possible that I will be able to talk about things as they are happening. Thrilling!!!

Alright. Well, I think this intro bit is done. Small posts, Leah, small posts... I wonder what my topic for tomorrow shall be? Oh, so much potential...

Goodbye for now, I guess. I have to cut myself off before I spoil everything!

No comments: