02 October 2008

Annoyed!

So today I am really realizing how ridiculously stupid my schedule is. Having just one class today yet having to be here for hours is just really silly and also annoying. Plus it's the class I don't really like... that could be part of it haha. Oh well. 

Ray from Subway hasn't called me back yet. I don't know if I should be worried or not. I just hope he doesn't call me today and expect me to go in tonight. At least I don't have any homework to worry about though. Having a job is really going to complicate my life, I realized. But I need the money.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this previously, but a school friend (well more like friendly acquaintance but we did have French together for about four years) of mine, Kaitlyn Fitzgerald, auditioned for So You Think You Can Dance Canada. Her audition was on a couple of weeks ago and she made it to Top 200. I was actually madly excited for her, mostly because she is one of the youngest there and yet seemed to have made such an impression. Also because she is actually a really great and genuine person and I think she deserves the chance at this. Anyway I decided to watch it last night as they narrowed it down to Top 20. And didn't she make it into that Top 20? Of course, haha!!! (A word of note: Emanuel Sandhu, gold medal figure skater, was in the competition and he did not make it into Top 20 - ha!) So she's going to be on the show now, which is amazing. I'm so happy for her, but I'm just realizing how creepy it might be for her. There are people on this forum thing that have a topic about her and they found her MySpace and copied and pasted this survey of hers from two years ago or something and they're judging her a bit for some of the things she may or may not have done. Really I don't think that's fair. But such is life when you're on national television I suppose. At least she seems to have a few fans! Kind of pissed that I'm missing the show next week (Uncle Tony and Marena are getting married), but I'll probably tape it and watch it Thursday. So good luck to Kaitlyn! I will always remember her choreographing a dance for us in Grade 10 gym class... and I don't think Varnam ever asked us to dance it in the end.

On Monday as I was leaving York Lanes (about to meet up with Anna), I saw Camille Belair (from de Sales, my elementary school). At first I wasn't sure it was her because I haven't seen her in four years, but I did get around to sending her a message and it was. She's majoring in sociology here. Funnily enough, I ran into her today in the bathroom! We talked a bit... she seems more introverted than before. Apparently Yvonne is here at York too. Bit of a reunion really!

I have to finish my essay on the Hymn to Apollo sometime soon. I finished talking about history... and I'm already at 860 words. Fuck. I always have this problem. The instructions said it should be 1250 but I have no idea if that's a minimum or a maximum. I also have to read Medea at some point. And I don't know if I'm working at all this week. And I didn't even look at my Greek or Latin books yesterday, I'm going to be rusty tomorrow!

Oh well. I should stop writing and probably get started on Medea haha. 

No comments: