16 October 2008

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep

It literally has been forever since I have blogged. Well, not literally... figuratively? Since Saturday I think. I've been pretty busy!

Sunday was that dinner at Nonna and Nonno's to welcome Uncle Tony's in-laws into our family. Dysfunction Central. But we smiled and laughed and pretended it was all alright so I don't think the in-laws noticed. *shrug* The food was good at least. 

Monday was family Thanksgiving. With no mashed potatoes. Not very impressed. 

And then Monday night was, QUITE POSSIBLY, one of the worst nights of my life. I could NOT get to sleep. I tossed and turned and dozed but always woke out of the doze... it was so frustrating I really thought I'd cry. I fell asleep at around... oh... 5 a.m. maybe. And I wake up at 6:30. 

Somehow I managed to get through Tuesday's history lecture and tutorial. SOMEHOW. Probably adrenaline considering I hadn't thought of pumping myself with caffeine. I even managed to stay up until 11ish doing my homework Tuesday evening... without feeling tired? It's just unhealthy. I was exhausted and yet I wasn't. And I felt my body temperature rising... like you just FEEL yourself being hot. 

I really don't know how people manage to run on barely any sleep. Maybe it's all the energy drinks and coffee. I'm not straight edge because I drink alcohol, but I'm still pretty against ingesting all that just to be awake. It's not natural.

That night also made me wonder about Peter's health, considering he, like... never sleeps. Maybe an hour or two a night, and that is all he gets. I ended up looking up insomnia online (click title of this blog for more details) and going into major spaz mode because if he's suffering from acute onset insomnia, that means he is having some sort of problem. But he just won't talk to me about it, and Xandros won't talk to him about it, and he won't see a doctor. So I am really kind of stuck. I am just worried that he might be suffering from anxiety or some sort of emotional stress or (HOPEFULLY NOT) a mental disorder resulting in a sleep disorder. 

Honestly, sometimes I hate worrying so much. I am not anyone's "mother". But I can't help worry when people I love are having problems! Oh well. 

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Except that I am worrying about the Latin test, which is tomorrow and I still don't know the third declension. The Greek quiz was alright, I could have done a lot better perhaps... though I'm a little pissed that our adjective to decline was αξιος! Of course she'd pick a word containing the letter I cannot write for shit. :) Anyway, Myth tutorial was... interesting. Foreign Danish fucked-up version of Medea and jokes about why Greeks can't use Trojan condoms. Then discussion group was about sex, drugs, alcohol... = fun discussion really, haha. Myth lecture itself alright, very detailed. Intro to the Trojan War. Yay! Tordoff lectures for a full month starting next Monday. In class exam on November 3rd though, ahh!

So You Think You Can Dance was on last night. Kaitlyn's doing really well, I think she was stunning... but her partner is weighing her down, and a lot of people think so. Poor Izaak, but poor Kaitlyn. 

Anyway... I've got a history lecture from 11:30 to 12:30 today and then I'm done for the day. Will probably do some reading in between The Iliad and A Year in the South, as well as some studying for Latin. Really, I am worried about that one. Dative of possession is confusing me. And I don't know the endings for the third declension at all haha. 

Shit shit shit. 

Let's not forget that history essay I have due in a couple of weeks. And that map test on Tuesday in tutorial... that is, if there IS tutorial. CUPE is in strike position. Grand :)

And P.S. after training unpaid on Friday and Saturday, boss from Subway hasn't even called. What the fuck. Unprofessional much? I can't stand that. I can't stand how shitty he is at being a boss... it makes Taco Bell seem normal. I kind of want to go back to Taco Bell which is a mega-shocker, but if I did they'd pay me $8.75 an hour, wouldn't have to train me, AND they always let me take time off whenever I asked because I always asked well in advance and I had a fantastic attendance record. 

Ugh.

No comments: