21 October 2008

On the Coldest Winter Night...

This is a blog I wrote earlier (about 4ish) that didn't post for some reason.



...


It is currently snowing.


That's right. I am sitting in the parking lot, in Mom's car waiting for her and Mikey to show up. And it is SNOWING. 


It's been pretty cold since yesterday, and Tara told me they had snow up in Nipissing, but I really didn't expect it to start snowing today! I was just not ready for this I suppose... I can take the cold, but I need time to brace myself! Anyway, I'm currently warding off the chill with a small hot chocolate from my little cute café place at York Lanes. I was GOING to indulge and get myself something from Second Cup since it was on my way to the parking lot, but the lineup was way too long. And also, Second Cup is a corporate bitch. And my café is quick... and sells baklava. Ooh. <3


Nothing much worth noting of Sunday. Did flash cards and homework. What else is fucking new.


Yesterday was actually a pretty fantastic day! Got my Latin test back... hahaha. Thought I failed. Pulled a 96% out of the hat. What the fuck? Ridic. And I seem to understand these pronoun things. Thank you, French. 


Greek was hilarious as usual (well, after a shitty adjective quiz of course). Quote of the day (when we were discussing herms); "So... horny statues keep away bad luck?" Also, Dio was funny as usual, especially when we had to share Rachel's Ancillary book between the three of us because he and I are silly. And he had a seashell necklace he made in honour of a libation to Aphrodite. And offered to make me one. I don't think I answered, I was too busy feeling special. 


Chilled out for a bit (translation: five hours) between getting some work done, talking to Peter on the phone (he was up to some naughty business), being weird over Facebook chat with Natalia and Mike, and hanging with Anna for about half an hour since she came for a visit. And then Tordoff's lecture, which was GREAT (except his accent in Greek is terrible). And Dio sat in front of us so I was with all my favourite York people! Well, most anyway. 


Then back home for the same old same old. 


Today was alright... significantly worse though (see my mentioning of snow). History lecture was alright, but it is always just "alright". Did get some work done in the biblio this morning though (but just barely). Tutorial = map quiz, which I raped. And I also handed in a summary for a term paper, huzzah! One down, one to go. 


I'm kind of worried about this history paper I have due next week though. I've done the readings and made notes and stuff, all I have to do is make an outline and write the actual essay... but I am just not really into it at all. Bah. Plus I've got Joe Pedota's wedding this weekend, and somehow I've been conned into working next Saturday morning (the 1st of November) 9am-3pm at the CALEDON EAST Subway. What the fuck. Douchebag takes forever to call, then assigns me to a different store? If I WANTED to work in C.E., I would have fucking applied there. Why don't I have the [figurative] balls to just say, "On second thought, I quit!"


Because I need money. Bought Anna's birthday present - Amanda Palmer ticket - yesterday, which was $26. Leaving me with... oh... probably 25ish dollars in the bank. 


Ridic that I might not even SEE Anna for her birthday BECAUSE I will be working.


I just hate that we need money. But having a job would make things supremely easy for me. I'd never feel bad about getting a fucking hot chocolate like I did today because it'd be my money. And I could control how much cash I have on me... instead of the parents giving me cash and then me itching to spend it. And I could put some away for that trip I want, and for my "nest egg".


Money is indeed the devil...


I should take Peter up on his offer. Move to Thessaloniki, marry him, get free university at AUTh (somehow becoming fluent in modern Greek somewhere in between), and be poor but happy and harmonious etc. 


I just don't think I could ever be happy and harmonious etc. though. 

No comments: