09 October 2008

Humbug

I was home today. Yom Kippur. Nice! So I went to Hall and picked up my OSSD, my Ontario Scholar Certificate, and my transcript. Went a-visitin' as well. 

First went to see Mr. Lloyd. Embarrassed me in front of his Grade 10 class by introducing me and then reading out all my marks (he took my transcript out of my hand). Some little prick asked, all indignant, "Is that Applied?" My answer was really laced with poison haha... I said, "No. Academic. I'm in university right now."

Then I went to see Mr. Reist. Ahhhh I love that man! He introduced me (as one of his "Charlies" who was in the class since Grade 10 and a voracious reader etc... love him!) and didn't embarrass me and let me talk a bit about what I'm doing at York. Then he told me to write something in Greek, so I gave him ανθρωπος, which I guessed [correctly] that he'd enjoy. And the class seemed thoroughly astounded by the lovely Greek alphabet. Which has really grown on me, despite my daily struggle with ξ. Also they seemed amazed that I was even learning Latin and Ancient Greek... Jeff Duke's in the class (Kaitlyn's boyfriend now, aw... didn't see that one coming) and when I told him that it was like doing Extended French he looked a little shocked! Anyway, they're reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower in Independent Lit so I brought my copy from when I read it in Lit and sat myself down beside Justin (whom I also love a lot and missed a lot and was so happy to see) to listen to the discussion for a little while. Once the class was over I talked to Reist a bit... told him I'd visit in December perhaps. We went out into the hallway to wait for Kennedy because I wanted to say hi, and Reist passed by again and asked me for a hug. Aw! LOVE HIM! I will def go back and visit ASAP.

Saw Kennedy for a bit, but she had a class in the library to teach. Went to find Lloyd again because he told me to go back to see him on 3A and he wasn't there. Ran into Melanson on my way to the foyer to meet up with Justin again and she SPAZZED! I miss her haha... she wasn't too pleased that I'm not taking French in favour of Latin and Greek! I told her I'd visit too.

I spend the last twenty or so minutes just chatting to Justin. It was nice, like old times! I miss him a lot.

Anyway so then I came home, was miserable, and did a bunch of work. Did a Latin lesson, copied my tutorial notes from Colin into my notebook, and labelled a world map to study for the stupid map test in two weeks. I kind of wanted to start on those term papers for Colin's tutorial but I haven't. Maybe soon... I also want to finish Zorba the Greek soon, and I have to start The Iliad for two weeks from now. And I should do a lot of Greek review this weekend since Surtees is off to Baltimore and there's no class tomorrow. (P.S. 100% on Monday's quiz! There was a pop quiz yesterday though... I think I aced it at least) So much to do! AND I start training tomorrow night, AND Corey and Megan invited me bowling Saturday evening, AND Lew wants to get together on the 1st. And then of course Joe Pedota's wedding on the 25th.

Oh and Thanksgiving. Not to mention that my new aunt Marina's parents are in town from Mexico and apparently we have to go see them Sunday.

I like them though. They're cool. Met them yesterday at that restaurant. Uncle Tony and Marina got married at 4ish at Mississauga city hall (missed that because of class) and then we went for dinner at a great place on Dundas St. West called Thyme for Pizza and Pasta. I had the Lingune Diavolo... not recommended for those with sensitive tongues! It was a good night though, Marina looked beautiful and like I said, her parents were very nice. It was a really long night though... Wednesdays are my busiest days and I had to go straight from school to dinner.

I also missed Kaitlyn dance last night. Fack. Mikey taped it for me though, and I still voted. People tell me she did very well. Tonight's the first results show... nervous! I hope she gets through to next week. 

Anyway, just stressed overall. Well, not really stressed... maybe overbusy!

No comments: