01 October 2008

High Holy Days

Shana tova! to any Jews who ever stroll past here. And also, thank you!

Yesterday was Rosh Hashanah. I think. Or was that today? Well either way, I didn't have school yesterday and I don't have it today either. And so I thank the Jews for having a lovely random holiday and I hope they are all enjoying themselves. 

I've spent today working on my Hymn to Apollo essay. It could be going better. I've got another 900 words (give or take) to work with still. Just an introduction and a brief description of the plot of the Hymn so far. I think I might go over, but I am trying not to. It's actually really difficult to write this essay since the topic is a little vague. How can I explain the importance of anything to our understanding of Greek myth if I don't even know what that understanding is? Oh well, I can give it a shot. We'll see how it goes. I'm hoping it goes well though... it is worth 10% really.

Monday was... Monday. Haha. I was exhausted for some reason. I got my Latin test back though. 91%! Yessss. I am proud of myself despite two ridiculously stupid mistakes. Then I went to Greek class and likely fucked up my quiz considering I still don't know where accents go on μοιρα. Not so concerned though, it is one quiz of many. After having lunch with Mom I headed to the Bennett Centre for a seminar thing on exam prep. I couldn't find the room, because it does not exist. I do not understand. So I just didn't go. I didn't tell my mother though haha. Whatever, there will be more seminars anyway. Instead I grabbed a coffee at the little coffee place at York Lanes again and did my entire Latin lesson. Anna showed up at 4ish, bought a sub, and then came with me to Myth lecture. Poor Tordoff was losing his voice and I didn't get to introduce her to Dio but it was still a great time.

Hm, what else? Oh, yesterday I opened my savings accounts at Alterna. I am very happy about it. I also registered so I could vote. I'm doing it this weekend at the early vote. NDP!

Anyway, I should get back to the essay. I have French fries though. I wanted some so I made them. 

No comments: