09 September 2008

Because I'm Bad, I'm Bad...

Very bad, apparently! I didn't post yesterday. Shame on me! I shall just write everything today I suppose.

Yesterday was... a very great day! Latin was a hoot and a half, as usual. Professor Lewis used a Mickey Mouse song to help us remember verb endings. O, S, T, M-U-S, T-I-S, N-T! She even had a little doll thing that she made dance. And then she asked someone to give her a transitive pattern and Min shouted, "I LOVE YOU!" and she answered, "Thanks, I love you too!" (I love you is transitive... obviously.)

Greek was spectacular. Ish. The very nice girl Jennifer who says a cheery "Good morning!" to everyone who walks in was sitting in the chair that I usually sat in, so I took a seat a couple of rows back. I ended up chatting to Jen about a potential costume part at Halloween for the Greek class. The theme - the gods, of course. :D I think we were just joking but on second thought it might be a brilliant idea. Then Dionysos eventually came in and sat in my row and then I realized with horror that I was sitting in a row with no less than THREE Greek people. Which terrified and intimidated me a little bit... i.e. a lot. Especially when it turned out that we had to read a section of a story about Zeus and a camel out loud. I read before the three Greeks so I know I turned very red, but Professor Surtees didn't correct me even once so I must have been doing something right. What's more, all three of the Greeks struggled! I think it's the vowels. I know how they feel - like them, my instinct is to pronounce the eta "ee", not "ey". Not sure why that is exactly - maybe because I was in Greece a couple of years ago, or because Peter's Greek and that's the way he speaks it. So I didn't feel so bad.

After Greek I decided to just chill out at Central Square and wait for Mom (we were meeting for lunch) so I found a random bench and took out my iCaesar. In my peripheral vision I noticed Dionysos walking around the area. I kind of felt bad because I'd never said hi to him in person (not that I really had a great opportunity to do so), especially since he's in my major and there aren't many of us around. All of a sudden I looked up and there he was! So I've finally met him, and he is such a nice and interesting guy! We chatted for about five minutes and he was very courteous. I was very happy to finally talk to him... talking only on Facebook is just strange.

I ate lunch with Mom outside at 12ish before switching my books at the car and going to the library. I did some Latin there, but only the lesson. Not the exercises. Which means a ton of homework tonight... hahahahaha. Latin AND Greek. Oh well. ANYWAY. I chatted to Anna for a bit on MSN as well, which was nice. Oh and Pan came to visit me here at 2pm, just quickly. He stayed for about forty minutes. It was nice to see him. I don't want to talk about it much here though, it will just bring up bad feelings.

I went to my Myth + Imagination lecture and saw Dionysos - he said a very nice, "Hi, how are you?", and I hate to sound crazy but it made me really happy to know that there are gentlemen out there still. The lecture was fun - we learned a bit about Dionysos (the god, not my peer haha) and Athena, as well as some general characteristics of the gods and the worship of them. 

Afterwards I went home. Actuallly we went to Subway first and I dropped off my resume - Mallorie is getting me a job once again. Hahaha I'm really indebted to her kindness. After THAT I went home... ate dinner, got ready for today, did some reading for history, talked to Anna on the phone... and then it was late so I went to bed. I really did not get much done. I can't have nights like that too often or else I'll be fucked. I already have a lot of work to look forward to when I get home... Latin and Greek mostly, and maybe some reformatting of my Myth lecture notes. The latter can wait though. 

Today's a History day. Lecture at 11:30, tutorial at 2:30. Hopefully I won't get much work (see above). I plan to do some reading after I'm done writing this... Theogony, mostly. If I finish I'll read this Academic Resource thing on York's website I've been meaning to look into. There are honestly so many free things here to help us out. I actually went to the Centre for Academic Writing this morning and applied for a tutor. Should help!

Anyway, off to do some reading... well, I might peruse Socialmoth first. I really need to kick that habit.

Oh and how about the end of the world that might happen tomorrow? Ha!

Well I seriously hope not...

No comments: