23 September 2008

Non mi tocchi più

I often say that I'm holed up somewhere or other in some building at York... but I'm almost serious this time! I'm on the fifth floor in some cubicle in a tiny little hallway beside a window. I can see the Rexall Centre from here, if that gives anyone any clues as to where I am exactly. I can see Pond Road too, the part that kind of extends and goes past Passy Court. Very nice, quiet... I've got some Tiziano Ferro in my ear. All is well. Ohm.

Did I blog on Sunday? Probably not, I was too busy reading The Moral Economy of the English Crowd in the Eighteenth Century by E.P. Thompson who should go kill himself now if he's not already dead. Very long, tedious, repetitive article. About wheat and corn. That was 61 pages long. Kill me? Anyway I read the whole thing so Colin can't hate me. And I bought my books finally. Now he REALLY cannot hate me! Shut up, Colin!!! 

Anyway I didn't even end up reading any of Hippolytus on Sunday because I figured I would read it during my five-hour break yesterday. Until I realized that I don't actually have to have started to read it until tomorrow. I just read the first few scenes last night. I really blame Peter for distracting me with his well-timed and tragic phone call Sunday evening. Betch. 

There's a poster sale at Vari Hall and I saw a kick-ass James Bond poster that I would love to send him but I can't because I'm poor. The same way he has to be far away because he is poor, and why we can't get married because we are both poor. Such is life. We're all dying in four years anyway. I will just keep saying, "No", and pretending I don't want to anyway. 

Shut up, Leah.

ANYWAY. Yesterday. Good? I think? I'm starting to forget my days. They all run together. I got nine hours of sleep Sunday night and still managed to wake up exhausted (as opposed to my six hours last night that left me feeling rejuvenated... wha?). Latin was fun... no grammar, just reading mostly. Oh, there was coding though... that's grammar. But fun grammar. Greek quiz. Ahahahaha. I think I did alright but it was only out of 10 so I had better only gotten one wrong! Still, we have one every week so no big deal. 

Then I got my books before spending hours doing shit all in some random hallway in Ross building. Looked a bit at one of my history books... I have to read chapters 1-7 by October 7th or something. Lots of time, and it's only about writing (i.e. essays). 

I had been walking through the SC and I saw random band tshirts for sale for $2 and there was a Bright Eyes one with Conor Oberst so I bought it for Anna. I texted her to tell her so she said she'd come by to get it since she was on the 196 anyway. I went to meet her at the Common (passing up a conversation with Dionysos, might I add!) and she was very happy. Coincidentially, Mauro (who goes to York anyway) and Edie (who also just happened to pop by York) showed up and it was all very happy. We all ended up going to the Myth lecture today. Anna took notes. It was a good time. Anna did enjoy looking at Tordoff, but unfortunately he wasn't lecturing. Fisher really isn't that bad though. He was funny yesterday too. Yay profs. 

Sucks that I have an assignment for that class though. Due in two weeksish. On the Hymn to Apollo. Lucky I like the Homeric hymns. Just a little anxious as I have no idea what kind of formatting they're looking for. Or even what kind of content. it has to be about history, geography, and genealogy. Maybe I should actually read the Hymn before getting nervous. 

Anna wrote a very lovely poem that I read last night. It was very sad. I am just heartbroken that she's going to be going through what I am currently experiencing. In fact, she seems to be grieving already that Chris will be gone in a year. And she told me to just live for the moment!!! She says she's not sad about it but I think she really is. Or maybe I'm just reacting in lieu of her. It's not been a good few weeks. Thank God for school.

I was supposed to go to this seminar about Memory today from 1-2 but I cancelled this morning. I really didn't feel like having to scarf down lunch between 12:30 and 1 as I walk to Bennett, nor did I want to have to rush from Bennett to Vanier at 2. Of course half an hour is enough but I don't like being rushed to go places. I have enough of that on Wednesdays, I don't need that on Tuesdays. There are more seminars next month anyway, if I really want to go to the Memory one there's still a chance. I do have a pretty good memory though. I've never had problems with that. I still plan to go to the Exam Prep one next week though. Not that I have problems with exams, it's just that I always panic and/or overstudy. 

So what is on the plan for tonight? Probably reading Hippolytus. And Hymn to Apollo. It's so odd not having to do any new Latin or Greek lessons because I've worked ahead. I might not have to do any new ones until the weekend. Fantastic! 

No comments: