11 September 2008

"This morning I chopped off my father's bit!"

I'm not even going to make excuses for not having written a blog yesterday. I actually had NO time. Wednesdays are my hectic days, for sure. I hardly had a break at all.

Tuesday I had my first history tutorial. We didn't do much but I kind of really love my TA, Colin. He's kind of amazing in that he's a third year PhD student and very sexy in a scholarly way. Also he's funny. Everyone in tutorial had a good time I think, haha.

Latin yesterday was pretty typical. Nothing extremely new. Same with Greek. I did find a few more Classical Studies majors in that class though - Vicky (who is Greek) and Sarah (straight from Britain!) 

I had a quick lunch at the car while switching books before dashing to Vanier for my humanities tutorial. That was alright. I had to do a diagnostic essay on an excerpt from Ovid's Ajax versus Ulysses. I think I wrote too much - what else is new! Hahaha. There's one guy in that tutorial that pisses me off though. He talks like a bad-mannered fourteen-year-old (i.e. "chick", "boobies", "popping out babies") and I even think he's older than the rest of us. He disgusts me. Dr. Fisher told him off for the way he spoke anyway. I laughed. At least in the tutorial I met yet another CSer - Natalia. After tutorial I met her friend (I forgot his name) who is also into CS but I'm actually unsure as to whether or not he's majoring in it.

At 3pm I had that volunteer discussion group thing. It was pretty cool. Megan and Barry are nice. I can't talk much about it though - confidentiality rule!

Finally I had my Myth lecture at 4:30. Professor Tordoff lectured this time - an audible gasp went up from the women in the audience when he started talking and we discovered he was EXTREMELY British. I really like Fisher but Tordoff brought the lecture alive with his silly expressions about Kronos cutting off Ouranos' genitals and Kronos eating a rock he thought was Zeus. He had us all laughing many times. I'm really glad I have good profs for that class!

I've just got a history lecture today. Meh. Not REALLY looking forward to it. I still don't have the books. Oops. But I should get them soon, I want Colin to like me because he is an excellent TA and I can only thank him by being an excellent student. I think I have a weird perspective on attractive scholarly people. I don't want them in the pants, I just want them to respect me the way I respect them. Strange! 

No comments: