26 September 2008

E non mi importa niente, ay ay ay ay!

Haha I have not written in a long time. I was going to yesterday, but something came up.

Life is good! Classes are going well (90% on the Greek quiz from Monday) and Anna has cheered up. Yesterday I felt like such a scholar. After history lecture I went to the Bakery Café at York Lanes, grabbed a large coffee, and worked on my Greek lesson for a couple of hours. I even saw Professor Tordoff there! It was like celeb-spotting!

Today was a Latin quiz. Ach et merde. I think I did alright though, besides a ridiculous mistake (wrote that "-que" and "-ne" where proclictics when I KNEW they were enclictics... I am a retard). Greek class was fun as usual, talking with Sarah and Dionysos etc. 

I plan to get a lot done this weekend. The parents are going up to Parry Sound, so it'll just be Emi and I. To do list?

  • next Latin lesson
  • next Greek lesson
  • Greek ancillary exercises
  • read four chapters of Writing History
  • start outline for essay on the Hymn to Apollo
  • read Learning Skills and Resources websites
  • watch Jodhaa Akbar 
  • read more of Zorba the Greek 
  • print lecture notes form this past week
I think that's it.

Oh! Yesterday afternoon I went in to Subway and filled out an application. It was alright I hope. Ray is very nice and apparently was going to call me in for the interview even before he knew I was Mallorie's friend. I just hated that I had to do math questions hahaha. Anyway I have to go in sometime next week for training. I was looking at some procedure charts in the office - it doesn't look anywhere near as confusing and complicated as Taco Bell/ KFC/ Pizza Hut was! I am very relieved.

Speaking of which, I think I am having Taco Bell for dinner tonight. Yay? I don't know, I'm kind of craving a taco but I know it's just going to make me sick. 

But in sum, things are looking up. Ish. I just have to quell my fears about the Myth essay. I should be fine! I'm pretty smart I think! 

I could go for a coffee right about now...

No comments: