17 September 2008

Oh, Clodius...

Currently seated in the Student Centre on the second floor. Very fun(ish), but fried food is tempting. Actually, I'm more tempted by the Yogen Fruz. Green tea frozen yogurt... mmm. Must resist! Especially since I already spent about six bucks on lunch today. I had a Greek salad. It was Greek... a.k.a. very tasty. ;) 

Yesterday was a considerably better and less-tired day. I had my tutorial with Colin who is, as he was last week, fantastic and very friendly and I think I've been blessed with excellent profs and TAs. We watched a bit of a film called Ikwe which was about Native relations with British colonists. Yes, I have somehow been tricked into taking Canadian history. Haha joking aside, our course is mostly centered on the Brits. 

Today's been pretty fab. I got my Greek quiz back - 93% FTW! I hope I can maintain marks like that all year hahaha.... imagine? Humanities tutorial was entertaining. We talked about Theogony and Works and Days a bit more before going into Hymn to Demeter, which I rather thoroughly enjoyed. Fisher was describing the Eleusinian Mysteries at one point and I asked if they were comparable to the Bona Dea, which lead us going off on a tangent about Clodius Pulcher's infiltration of the ceremony when Pompeia Sulla and Aurelia Cotta headed it on behalf of Caesar... good times! I love that Clodius!

I've got that ridiculous discussion group in twelve minutes. It's not so ridiculous but I really don't want to go. I want a bit more of a break haha. Though I'd probably just waste my time anyway. 

This weekend I've got some hardcore general study to do. I'm still a bit iffy on the Latin declensions... and as for the Greek declensions... all I can say is, "Hahaha... NO."

No comments: