01 September 2008

Nervous!

September 1st - finally! I feel like September has taken forever to come around. Two more sleeps until classes start! I know, it's all I've been saying.

I added this guy Dionysos to Facebook a while back - he's also a Classical Studies major. I found out today that he's going to be in my Greek class. Which is nice since I don't really know anyone in that class. At the same time, I'm kind of nervous. This guy is Greek - born there and lived there and everything. Yet he's been placed in Elementary Classical Greek. Obviously Modern and Classical are different, but I thought it would at least give him an advantage, perhaps getting placed in the 2000-level. So I'm kind of nervous. I have NO experience with Greek, really... how am I going to stand up to someone like him?

Maybe I'm just disoriented and thrown off by the alphabet. It could be just as easy as French was. Though I did have eight years to learn French. Ah I don't know!

I suppose I'm just getting last-minute jitters. 

Anyway, tomorrow is "York Day". The student clubs and stuff will be set up at the Tait Mackenzie Centre. There will be free things. I'll probably go check it out - I'm interested in joining the Classical Studies Student Association and the Undergraduate History Students Association.

No comments: